SIMS Pocket Edition and SIMS iServer
The SIMS Pocket Edition application is an application for Apple, BlackBerry or Android devices that when used with the SIMS iServer, allows dealers and customers in the field to access their account(s) on a compatible device in real time. Hover over the items on the list for a screenshot related to that feature.
- Access is controlled using the standard Operator Maintenance screen in SIMS. WEB operator type limits what reports/functions they can perform.
- Dealers can access all their accounts (and only their accounts) with one login. Customers are restricted to just their account number. Accounts can be searched by Number, Name, Address and Class.
- Technicians can communicate with clients at the tap of a button.
- Floorplans and other graphics are available to help identify where things are located.
- IP based cameras linked to the account can be viewed in the application.
- Numerous styles of history reports, summary account listings and full database reports.
- Installation personnel can use the app to enter zones and contacts during installation, thereby improving accuracy of information since it can be approved on site by end users.
- Schedules can be extended without calling the central station.
- Dealer technicians can modify Premise Name, Physical Address, Mailing Address, Email Address, Zone and Contact information.
- End Users can modify Premise Name, Physical Address, Mailing Address, Email Addresses and Contact information.
- Technicians can place accounts on test, monitor signals being sent during testing, then return account off test with Central Station assistance.
- When placing accounts on test, zones and the time on test can be customized.
- Dealer, Customer and Service Work Order History Reports for streamlining daily operations.
- Customers can Cancel alarms, send Panic or Medical alarms from the device.
- Complete audit trail of activity performed by users written into SIMS II history as well as detailed access logs.
- Data sent between the server uses a 128 byte encryption protocol to protect the data being sent. App is configurable for central station's IP/Hostname and port number.
- Compatible with SIMS II, SIMS III Flat File and SIMS III SQL installations. All access to the SIMS database is now done through the SimsWebSiteData library as the SIMS III does.